Want to get started blogging? What is blogging? A blog is like an online journal. You can update it as often as you like. Readers can leave comments and the blogger can respond to them. Blogging is a great way to express yourself and improve your writing skills.
Kids, here are 6 things for getting started with a blog.
1) Make sure to ask your parents before you set up a blog. If you explain to them why you want to write online in an upfront way, they will be more likely to go along with you. You may be interested in blogging to improve your writing skills or to see how others react to your point of view.
2) Stay away from blog sites that require your full name or email address. This can be a way for unwanted strangers to find you. Definitely use a name that could be either a boy or a girl for safety reasons. Don’t use a site that asks for any type of personal information.
3) Be certain you write about appropriate subject matter. Remember, anyone in the world can read your blog. Could your grandmother read what you are writing about? Be positive when you respond to your reader comments and also when you comment on other blogs. Once you start writing your own blog, you will become a fan of some other bloggers who give you comments. Bloggers form their own online community!
4) Blog writing can be a way to strengthen your writing skills for school and life after school. So much of writing now is texting and chatting online; these are quick bursts about what we are currently thinking. Blogging calls for reflection and a slower writing process. Read your written word aloud – go back and make it better, smoother.
5) Your blog can be based on a specific interest, such as sports or music. It can also just be your reactions to daily life or news events. Think about what you want to say, and there will be someone in the world who wants to read it. If you want readers, tell friends who may be interested in your blog to pay a visit.
6) Ask your language arts teacher or your parent if you need help finding a safe site for blogging. Unfortunately, sometimes students get unwelcome followers on their blogs. Safety should be your first concern, followed by creativity, when starting a blog.
According to WordPress and Blogger’s Terms of Service (TOS) kids under 13 cannot use these platforms. But do not be discouraged! We recommend parents create a blog using the instructions and have the kids observe and learn. Soon enough the child will be 13 and ready to venture on their own. At that point, they will be ahead of the game. So learn everything you can now!
The kids of modern age are very technical savvy. They all know the details about the computer, its uses and how to make money out of it. You must have visited many blogs and read many blogs. To start your own blog is your dream. How to make this dream into reality?
There are many blogging sites that kids under 13 can use and make. There are many free blogging sites for the kids that they can join. You can make your own blog and keep the blog going with postings on the site. You can help make a blog for your child by using the free sites like the Blogger or WordPress. After making the blog, you can supervise your child’s blog and have it monetized with Yahoo Publisher, Google Adsense, Bidvertiser or some other network ads so that when people click those advertisements you make money. With this, the parents must be in charge.
You can help make a blog with your child and encourage their artistic talents. There are many sites on the Internet that help in making a blog for kids under 13. These sites provide clear and easy instructions designed for student use. Many such sites are created by an educator familiar with the safety, guidelines and instructional needs of using the Internet. There are videos that you can a watch and help to make a blog for your kids. These videos are free and can be watched repeatedly and shared with other kids or parents so that it is easy to follow the instructions.
While making a blog the kids will learn how to post any article and how to edit it with blogger. They will also learn to set the blogger accounts and learn how to layout the blog and the videos or photos on the blogs. They will next learn to navigate the blog site.
The blogs for kids under 13 cover a large number of topics ranging from art, computer games, cartoon review, music, and hobbies and also include school subjects. For many kids these blogs are a platform for gaining new knowledge and for others it is just pastime. When a kid makes a blog it makes him/ her understand the basics of computers. It increases their writing ability and creativity. It helps to get a better understanding of very facet of the topic they are dealing with.
To start a blog for kids under 13 you can get help from the sites that specially deal with such ideas. The step-by-step direction on these sites will make your kid know how to make a blog very easy.
Welcome to WordPress. This is your first post. Edit or delete it, then start writing!